Senior Private Equity Capital Administration Analyst
The Sr. Fund Analyst plays a critical role in the IEA organization and is responsible for delivering IEA’s CapAdministrationSM services to clients. This position performs scheduled and ad-hoc activities which results in the allocation of distributions and capital account balances for private equity partnerships. The position will maintain direct client communications and be responsible for overall client relationship. In addition, the Sr. Fund Analyst will be IEA’s subject matter expert relating to the actual economics of client funds and individual limited partner capital balances. The Sr. Fund Analyst will also be responsible for managing internal teams that help support him/her in meeting client deliverables.
- Establish and maintain proficiency in the capital administration requirements of client partnerships.
- Perform data exchange between client and IEA environments
- Execute and resolve GAAP-based reconciliation of fund general ledger to CapAssure’s GAAP ledger.
- Define and account for client requested adjustments to CapAssure’s GAAP ledger.
- Execute allocations of cash distributions and hypothetical fund liquidations.
- Analyze, reconcile, validate and post allocation results to CapAssure.
- Produce client reports and data extracts.
- Communicate results to clients
- Interact with client personnel at all levels of the organization for data acquisition, financial statement review and issue resolution. Work with internal quality assurance professionals and senior management within the firm to maintain high quality standards in a demanding environment.
- Manage team of junior IEA personnel
A candidate must have 5 – 10 years of proven success in a related role, demonstrating a progression in responsibilities and possess a bachelor’s in Accounting & Finance. CPA a plus.
- An understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and reporting methods
- Knowledge of automated financial systems and accounting software
- Experience with preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and an ability to independently interact with client personnel
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Relevant professional accounting and finance experience including, but not limited to, work experience at a fund administrator or an alternative investment firm
- Financial services industry experience
- Knowledge of Private Equity Fund accounting
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
- Can manage teams and mentor junior staff
IEA does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
HOW TO APPLY/MAKE INQUIRIES:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please explain the basis for your interest.